Wednesday, May 16, 2012

wishing over a star..

""We all get at least one good wish a year., Over the candles on our birthday""  
What do i wish for, i wondered, standing over my birthday cake and candles..  i have it all., everything that i wanted or wished for - I have the love of my life i'd rather say my better half who loves me unconditionally and never fails to amaze me, and always keeps me inspired to move on with life and my dreams., i have the best Parents who are always there for me through thick and thin and always love and care., soul brother and friends who always understand me., all the people in my life that matters., a doctorate position in one of the best institutes., not to forget my lil baby my puppy, she loves like no one else can.. 

I should be basking in happniness. But alas, we can never have enough, can we.? One wish fullfilled, what next there are obviously many more, its a never ending list i guess.. So yeah, nyways i did make my wish finally on what i think i want the most right now..
Does getting old really make a difference i used to wonder at times., it did to some., the Birthdays between 22 -25 were a big deal for my parents.. they made a REALLY big deal of it "ooh you are not married" "you are getting older" (asif i were to die in a month or two) "the emotional attyachar", "the etc etc" and not to mention the melodrama talent that comes attached with parents..

For me birthdays are special and have always been exciting., they come once a year and with them they bring good cheer.. Something special happens on your birthday every year, the same energy god invested in you at birth is present once again..

But eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears and you are an adult, you are older, the birthdays and wishes are different.. "Adulthood" creeps in.. 


But maybe, Like they say., its not uphill from here, 'life begins at 30' might actually be true.. ;-) 
And about making wishes, we can always make more of them., on eye lashes, lucky stars, the red mail van, the hay stacked lorry etc etc.. soo lets just keep the wishes coming..  
Remember when we were lil kids and our biggest wishes were like., if you would get a bike for your birthday or a pretty dress.. life was soo much different and easy going when we were kids., how we believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith., Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming.

Being an adult means responsibility. Responsibility.. Responsibility really sucks. Adults have to be places and do things and earn a living and pay the rent. Talking about responsibility., kinda makes bikes and cakes and pretty dresses look really really good, doesn't it?  And the scariest part about responsibility is when you screw up things. Unfortunately responsibility doesn't go away, nor can it be avoided.
And yet adulthood somehow has its perks, I mean the sexy clothes, the partys, the hot shoes, the tequila shots, the love, the friends, the no parents anywhere telling you what to do.. That's pretty damn good..  


And who says you are getting older, you just get better.. 
:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment