Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Land of the Nothern Lights..


I had once before read someone say “There is simply is no way you tour through europe and not be awestruck..  From its Northern Lights to its Southern shores, it is thrilling, surprising and confusing with the extraordinary  sights, sounds, people and parties..”

When I initially landed in Berlin, Germany, there was obviously the huh and haa.. A new foreing country, new people, different language, everything good and pretty like in a canvas, streets and shops and houses like in the novels we read.. I was definitely lost absorbing it all, and never got tired of the number of pictures I took everyday.. I remember my work mates telling me, ‘you will see this every day, you don’t have to take a picture’.. but for me even the flowers and vegetables looked beautifull.. 

Cause work keeps me and my friends bussy I must say I have not toured the whole of Berlin yet..  But anyways, as I will be here in Berlin for quite sometime, I have taken it for granted thinking I will do that with time..


Well getting back to the awesomeness of Europe., recently me and a couple of my friends made a weekend getaway, to the land of the Nothern lights, Norway.. It was a all girly trip..

Oslo is renovating and I guess reinventing itself. The city is filled with museums and art gallaries and there is the harbour and the attracting boat rides and also the new Opera house and with the many places to hang out, it was a calm and lovely city..

After the night in Oslo we set off early next morning on this ‘Oslo - Bergen railway line’.. Dead tired after the night out in Oslo, all of us just slept of as we got into the train..  But luckly was woken up by the ticket collector who walked in.. non of us slept even a wink after that..

The Oslo to Bergen Railway, is said to be the worlds most beautiful railway line/journey.. The journey through the scenic mountain roads, the spectacular waterfalls, the rivers that flow through mountains and amidst the forest, the narrow passages, the Fjords, and with the glaciers on mountain tops., it was breathtakingly beautifull..

I truly enjoyed every second of the journey, the train also stopped at some points, where we got off and took in more of the lovely surroundings and yaa took billions of pictures.. We did not get to see the Northern lights, or the aurora borealis. You don’t see it at this time of the year..







I have heard people say, Norway is a once-in-a-lifetime destination.. 


J

6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. Europe is a place I always dream of. Norway is beautiful, I follow a photo blogger from Norway. I am spellbound when I see the photos on her blog.

    I wish I can travel to Europe once in my lifetime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehheheee.. yeah, Norwary is very beautiful, my 1st trip here and i am awestruck..

      i must also say, Europe is totally safe to travel alone or even just girls, and everything is well connected, and you will never get lost..


      Saruuu, make a euro trip sooon..
      put it in your 'list of things to do..

      And thank you for reading.. :D

      Delete
  2. Dipthi, I too have seen Oslo and some of Europe and totally agree about the awesome spectacles that await at every corner.I too envy that you had such a lovely train journey and saw the fjords etc..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May be thats because once you have been there you would never want to put your feet down there again.

    Just Kidding! Its a marvelous post! Nice pics too.

    ReplyDelete