Friday, May 18, 2012

Every Dog has its day..





For long i have been wanting to write about the dogs in my life and what they mean to me, but for some reason it neva happened.. 

Today morning when my husband sent me a picture of our lil puppy judy, i realised i missed her sooo much.. and here i am finally writing about the dogs and love in my life.. 

I have been around dogs for most of my 26 years., from the time of my childhood days that i remember and even those that dont remember but have seen in my pictures.. My family has always had dogs, i say dogs, cause we have always had two or more.. The 1st dog that i remember was a Mudhol, she was thin and tall and verry loving, (of course dogs are loving) we called her mary.. There was one other dog an alsatian. Mary died when she gave birth to 6 puppies of which only 2 survived, the others died with her. I was very small but had yet cried when she died, and was really sad, but the 2 little puppies were really adorable and the sadness was short lived.. 

There were many more dogs that came and went ever since.. After Mary and her little ones, we had two pomerians., then a German Shepard., then again an alsatian., then a doberman,. This Doberman was also a favourite, we called her "Rosy" I remember bringing her home in the car, she just slept all the way to home in the car, as she reached home, she ran all around the house inside and outside exploring and marking and familiarising her terrotary.. She lived long, and had made her place in all of our hearts. She was very ferocious and equally loving., she neva let anyone come inside our area. I remember it was then that people started calling before they visited us. 
I remember an incident, once when dad was out and it was only mom and mee at home, there was a snake coming into the house from the back side and Rosy was leashed there, she started barking, mom and me checked what she was barking at, she just kept staring at some bush near the house barking. And we just could not figure out why she barked. She barked all day and never let the snake get in, we just could not figure out why and so ignored her. It was in the evening that dad saw the snake and got rid of it, and finally she stopped. The next day Rosy was down with a fever after barking soo much. :(

Years later when once she was to pup in a few days or so, one night dad went to see if she was well and found her lying still in a corner., this time my mom cried the most, she had apparently scolded Rosy for something that evening and could not believe she was dead that night. By now i was quite big and ya was very sad too, this time for a a long time and today as i write this, it brings tears in my eyes for her. She was a lovely dog. 


With Rosy we had one other dog, and i really dont know what breed he was, he was neither a doberman nor a boxer., but he looked like a mix of all of them, with an awesomely loud bark and he was given to us by a neighbour aunt.. Following these two we then again had two German Shepards "Danny and Dazy" they were a great pair.. They lived long, pupped many times, we generally gave away all the puppys.. Dazy became weak and fell sick and passed away early.. Danny lived till recently. Danny was everyone s favourite, he specially loved my dad and always did as he said.

Meanwhile we had another dog called the early queen breed, she was a spotted great dane (spotted asin like a dalmatian). We called her julie. She had become verry dear to me. For dad and mom Danny was a real good dog, well behaved and Julie was a spoilt lil brat. She lived a verry short life, she fell sick, the vet said she had Diabeties, her wounds never healed, she suffered a lot. Dad and mom did all that they could, but they then decided they were too old to take care of a dog soo much and found it tiring. Eventually they let her go. I cried everyday for over a month thinking of her, i never spoke to mom and dad for doing that, i look at her pictures and thers a pain in my throat and i ll cry even today. She was verrry dear to me, she loved me as much as i loved her or maybe more. It was a love only she and i shared. If i go on i would have a hundread and more stories and incidents to tell about her. But ll leave it at this. She will remain in my heart forever, she was the 1st dog i loved soo much.
Ever since i had decided i would never get attached to any dog again, unless i owned him or her. Danny also eventually became old and sick, he lived the longest. Danny was a Gentleman dog according to my parents and they found it really difficult to find a dog they could love again as much as they loved danny. We again have two dogs at home, a Doberman and a Greatdane. At home for dad and mom other than the fact that they love dogs, they also need dogs for security or as watchdogs. 

25 years and soo many dogs, and that was not the end of it., married to the love of my life who also loves and adores dogs. We had long decided that once married we would have dogs.
And then we finally found our lil angel, our lil baby, we got her from a sweet couple in town. She is a Lahsa Apso, we call her Judy.. She is a bundle of happniness, joy and love. She is just a couple of months old now. Ever since we got her on december 2011, i guess i spent everyday of 4 months with her. Literally everyday. 

Today thousands of mile away from my love/ my better half and from my lil baby Judy i stay. And when i think of her i just wish., i could just go back there, stay at home and relax and play with her, roll around the bed, wash her, comb her, fight with her. She is adorable, she is small and cute, she is always there for you by your side. When she came to us she was a tiny lil thing, she was just a month old, but has grown up to be a naughty lil one. And after all the goofyness she does do, she sits with this really innocent and cute face, and we never feel like scolding her. 
Judy is too cute and adorable for words., I love her sooo much and miss her even more. About her i can just write and write forever, everyday with her was a different story to tell.. mayb i will write more about her next time..
Judy has become a member of our family, she is our baby. Like they say, "Sometimes the best gifts come in really surprising packages." And the thought of ever having to lose her makes me cringe.

And yes as i mentioned before what provoked this writing today., is my husband and the shots of our puppy Judy that he keeps sending to me on bbm., shots of her stupidity or naughtness or cuteness. I actually started off to write about Judy but ended up  writing about my relationship and history with dogs,(thoughts and words just carry you away at times. But maybe the other dogs in my life so fa taught me more about themselves and how to love them. 







A dog is yes an animal, but every man's best friend and they love unconditionally.. i only wish dogs lived longer.. 




2 comments:

  1. OMG! that.sweet li'l dos is soooo friggin adorable!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah., she is verry adorable.. she s my best.. :D

      Thank you again, for dropping by every post and reading and for the comments..

      Delete