Monday, May 21, 2012

Lot of baggage..

I have always stayed away from home, my schooling, 11th 12th, college, post degree.. but yet going to a new place eachtime, makes me homesick like the 1st time i went to hostel.. everytime is like the first time.. i guess its just the new place new people that makes you feel alien and you long for that one familiar place HOME..

My journey towards berlin, was wonderful, a flock of people came to see me off.. And as i had to bid by good byes and go inside the airport, the tears came rolling down from nowhere, i was filled with fear that i would not see my dear ones soon again. The tears dried up as i went in and started with the check in formalities. The flight was till Abu Dabhi and then from there again till Milan and then Berlin. The journey was good, i enjoyed every bit of it, slept, watched movies, had unlimited drinks and food, and the view from high above being the best of it all..

I reached Berlin after a 21 hrs journey, it was a verry small airport, so we just get off from the plane and walk into the airport to collect our luggages., i collected my suitcase and was waiting for the second luggage, everyone collected their bags and moved on, till it was just me still standing there and waiting for my second bag.. Crap, i thought to myself, cursing my luck., this cannot be happening.. Anyways, i went and reported at the lost and found departemt, giving them details about my bag, and the lady there ask s me if i have something very different or out of the ordinary in the bag such that they could identify, well i told her about a pair of yellow shoe and purple shoe that i had in the bag., after all this, she gave me a receipt and a number to call after two days., she did not give me much hopes about finding the bag though and so i was very disappointed and worried.. A friend had come to pick me up, we left to her place, i was too cold and tired to worry any more about the bag. The room was warm, i had dinner and just slept till late next day..

Up from sleep and back to normal, everything striked right back, the missing bag and the home-sickness, new people, new place and new language.. this went on for a couple of days, not the missing bag, i got my bag back after 3 days, luckly (guess the yellow and purple shoe helped). Anyways, home-sickness seems to be taking a while longer to go away, maybe it is just knowing that you are thousands of miles away from those you love that s making it worse..
Its been a month and half now., I still miss my husband (Sree) more and more everyday., i miss home, miss my parents n brother., i miss judy..  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment