Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Time Talks..

"What time is it..?" my mom asks me everytime we talk or skype.. And then we go ahead talking about my time and what i am doing., and their time and what they are doing..

I remember the first few weeks after i came to Berlin., the time difference did not much matter to me.. But it did have a lot of effect on my system and body.. I woke up at 4:00 AM German time, and it would be 7:30 Indian time, (the time i generally woke up there.) It was not just the sleep., i used to even get hungry at odd times, i used to feel sleepy during office hours, generally early evenings., and it took a while till it was set right.. 

That wasn't just it, the days here were bright throught out., there were times when i used to totally lose track of time untill i saw the time by my watch or mobile and realise it is 9 o clock or later and that it was time for dinner and eventually bed.. yaa the sunset normally happens between 9 and 9:30 PM(atleast so fa).. In india you could look at the sky and know it is evening or night, i have neve been able to ever decide the hour of the day by the way the sky looks.. There are days when we have dinner at say 8:30 or 9 and i suddenly feel it is still just evening.. The literal meaning of the line, ""days are longer and nights are shorter"" i experienced here..

But there's 1 good though of the long lit days as per my friend., "it made you feel, the days were just perefectly enough to do all the things/work you needed to.." "i used to happily keep working or doing my experiments deceived by light and clueless of  the time.."she said.. She also says, "it feels nice when you are done with your work and there is still sunlight when you get back home.."
I mean, think of it, we have all had days with long to do lists or work and always felt that there was just not enough time, or that the day just passed by soo quickly.. Or maybe those good days, when we wish the day had not come 2 an end.. I would not mind a long day once in a while too i guess ;-)


In this part of the world there is also the "day light saving" time.. I have not experienced that yet though, but was thinking about it.. Its like you wake up one morning and turn the clock back by an hour.. Its just the time by the clock, 9 o clock becomes 8 o clock.. 

I could not help but wonder, would it actually make a difference if we did not turn the clock., it will be confusing around you for sure., with different people following a different time., else does it matter..?!
And who knows what actually the time really is.. we just have some time set on our clocks and we go about with our everday life following that particular time..

Talking about "turning back time" reminds me of the days when i have often wished that i could just turn back time a couple of hours or days and undo something or redo something in a different way, better way., and i am sure this feeling has come to most of us atleast once.. But Time is here and then she s gone, she s a fast train..
Its strange, but our life does not revolve around the "time on the wall"...


2 comments:

  1. It's difficult initially but surprisingly I took very less time to adjust in US. I wonder why? And I wish we could go back and do what we please. Wish we could time travel.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i knooo., soo wish we could go bak in time sometimes..

      Delete